- School Life
- Programs and Services
Our Catholic schools will follow the Board’s Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct sets standards of behaviour which apply, not only to students, but also to all individuals involved in the publicly funded schools – parents, volunteers, teachers, and other staff members. The standards of behaviour must be adhered to whether the individual is on school property, on school buses, at school-related events or activities, or in circumstances that could have an impact on the school climate or reflect poorly upon the mission of Catholic education. The Board will ensure that Catholic schools uphold the Board’s Code of Conduct through the measures of positive redirection, direct instruction, intervention suspension, expulsion and exclusion as progressive means to ensure a safe and purposeful learning environment.
Purposes of the Code of Conduct
• To promote the development of faithful Catholics who seek to model their behaviour with consideration for the common good and models of faith.
• To ensure that all members of the school community, especially people in positions of authority, are treated with respect and dignity.
• To promote responsible citizenship by encouraging appropriate participation in the civic life of the school community.
• To maintain an environment where conflict and difference can be addressed in a manner characterized by respect and civility.
• To encourage the use of non-violent means to resolve conflict.
• To promote the safety of people in the schools.
• To discourage the use of alcohol and illegal drugs.
• To prevent bullying in schools.
• To ensure alignment with the teachings, traditions, and principles of the Roman Catholic Church.