Punctual and regular attendance is important to success of students' learning. Students and their classmates may suffer if a student is frequently late or misses several classes.
The following are attendance procedures followed by Good Shepherd Catholic Elementary School's administration, teachers and students:
- If students are leaving for any reason during the course of the day, they must inform the office, and check out at the office before leaving.
- If students arrive at school after the 8:30 a.m. bell, they must sign in at the office before going to class.
- Teachers will consult the office if they feel a student has an attendance or punctuality issue. (i.e. more than 10 unexplained lates or absences) Administration will contact the parents/guardians. A Board attendance counsellor will be contacted if there is no improvement in the student's attendance or punctuality.
- If parents/guardians are withdrawing their children for an extended holiday during the school year, they should request approval from the school Principal. Staff is not required to provide daily homework assignments for students while they are on holiday. The teacher may suggest that students read daily, keep a daily journal, or create a map of their destination.
- Absent students should complete any work or assignments that they have missed.
Safe Arrival Program Phone Number
Please call to report your child's absence. If your child is marked absent and we have not received a phone call or note, our school secretary will call all contact numbers until we reach a parent or guardian. Our answering machine is on 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Thank you for your assistance in keeping our students safe.